With the first overall pick the Houston Texans select….
1. HOUSTON TEXANS: JADAVEON CLOWNEY – DE – South CAROLINA
2. ST. LOUIS RAMS: GREG ROBINSON – OT – AUBURN
3. NEW YORK GIANTS: Trade picks (12, 43) to Jacksonville – KHALIL MACK – OLB – Buffalo
4. CLEVELAND BROWNS: SAMMY WATKINS – WR – CLEMSON
5. OAKLAND RAIDERS: JOHNNY MANZIEL – QB – TEXAS A&M
6. ATLANTA FALCONS: JAKE MATHEWS – OT – TEXAA A&M
7. TAMPA BAY BUCHANEERS: MIKE EVANS – WR – TEXAS A&M
8. MINNESOTA VIKINGS: BLAKE BORTLES – QB
9. BUFFALO BILLS: TAYLOR LEWAN – OT – MICHIGAN
10. DETROIT LIONS: AARON DONALD – DT – PITTSBURGH
I have a passion for vascular testing that gives me great fulfillment. If I could hold another job it would to work in a professional football teams personnel department, preferably in the general manager role! In the NFL, the general manager is the highest standing employee in the personnel department. I would equate this to the technical director of a vascular lab. In some vascular laboratories the technical director has great power and the medical director allows him to use his/hers expertise to make technical decisions that impact the laboratory. This is the same in some NFL franchises. Of course the opposite is true in which the owner or in our the medical director makes all of the decisions and when it all comes crashing down you find a new technical director or general manager………anyway I digress… The vascular sonographer is the ultimate personnel evaluator as we are very good at noticing the little things that impact he quality of testing, this eye for detail and foreshadowing lends itself to a heightened ability to evaluate situations. I remember watching Mike Alstott play for Purdue and he leapt off of the page. He was drafted with the 5th pick in the second round and many questioned the Tampa Bay Buccaneer’s for picking him so high. He was an all time great for that franchise.
I am going to play personnel director or draft guru for a day and lay out how I think the first 32 picks of the 2014 draft will go (I even included trades). I could miss on every pick, however I think I will get a good bit of it right. Go ahead and post your opinions but keep it clean please! The rest of the draft….
11. TENNESSEE TITANS: ANTHONY BARR – OLB – UCLA
12. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (VIA TRADE): DEREK CARR – QB – FRESNO STATE
13. ST. LOUIS RAMS: BRADLEY ROBY – CB – OHIO STATE
14. CHICAGO BEARS: HASEAN CLINTON-DIX – FS – ALABAMA
15. PITTSBURGH STEELERS – ODELL BECHAM JR. – WR – LSU
16. DALLAS COWBOYS: TIMMY JERNIGAN – DT – FSU
17. BALTIMORE RAVENS: JIMMIE WARD – SS – NORTHERN
18. ATLANTA FALCONS TRADE (37,103) TO NEW YORK JETS: ERIC EBRON – TE – NORTH CAROLINA
19. MIAMI DOLPHINS: CYRUS KOUNDJIO – OT – ALABAMA
20. ARIZONA CARDINALS: KONY EALY – DE – MISSOURI
21. GREENBAY PACKERS: C.J. MOSELEY – ILB – ALABAMA
22. PHILEDELPHIA EAGLES: MARQUIS LEE – WR – USC
23. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: BRANDIN COOKS – WR – OREGON STATE (note: This may be the landing place for Zach Martin).
24. CINCINNATI BENGALS: RYAN SHAZIER – OLB – OHIO STATE (note: The Bengals love SEC players, so this pick is iffy at best, if they take another player it will be from the SEC).
25. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS: KYLE FULLER – CB – VIRGINIA TECH
26. CLEVELAND BROWNS – TEDDY BRIDGEWATER – QB – LOUISVILLE
27. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: DEE FORD – DE – AUBURN
28. CAROLINA PANTHERS: CALVIN PRYOR – FS – Louisville
29. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: LOUIS NIX – DT – NOTRE DAME
30. SAN FRANSCISCO 49ERS: CODY LATIMER – WR – INDIANA
31. DENVER BRONCOS: DEMARCUS LAWRENCE – DE – BOISE STATE
32. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: ZACH MARTIN – OG – NOTRE DAME
Categories: medical imaging, Men's health, mistakes, national football league, NFL, NFL DRAFT 2014, Player personell director, Pro football draft, sports, television